Dr. Javer has varied research interests with over 90 research publications and over 10 book chapters. Dr. Javer has a special interest in advanced FESS (functional endoscopic sinus surgery), frontal sinus surgery and fungal sinus disease. Dr. Javer has been awarded several awards and honors in research and in surgical teaching during his career at UBC. He started the sinus fellowship-training program at the St. Paul’s Sinus Centre in 2001, which has graduated 15 subspecialized surgeons from seven different countries. He has presented internationally and is fluent in five languages. He is currently a full clinical professor in the department of surgery at the University of British Columbia, the fellowship training director at UBC, co-director of research in the division of Otolaryngology at UBC, and director of the St. Paul’s Sinus Centre.
- 1983-87: Simon Fraser University : BSc 1st Class Honours in Molecular Biology
- 1987-91: University of British Columbia – MD
- 1991-92: University of Saskatchewan – Rotating Internship, Chief Intern
- 1992-97: University of British Columbia – Otolaryngology Residency
- 1997-2000: Georgia Rhinology and Sinus Centre, Savannah, Georgia, USA – Advanced Rhinology and Endoscopic Sinus Surgery and skull base Fellowship Director: Frederick A. Kuhn MD
- April 2000-Currently: Director and Clinical Faculty, St. Paul’s Sinus Centre, Division of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, University of British Columbia, Canada
- July 2015-Currently: Clinical Professor of Surgery, University of British Columbia
- Head of rhinologic teaching, University of BC
- Special Interest: Computer Assisted Sinus Surgery, Chronic Sinusitis and Anterior Skull Base Surgery, Allergic Fungal Sinusitis, Endoscopic Frontal Sinus Surgery
- Presenter/Invited Speaker: Canadian Society of Otolaryngology; American Rhinologic Society; American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery; Asia Pacific Congress of Endoscopic Surgery, Manila; Chairman: 5th Annual Rhinosinusitis Conference, Banff, Alberta; Stanford Sinus Centre; Georgia Nasal and Sinus Institute; Visiting professor, University of Alberta.
He can also be found on his HealthChoicesFirst profile.